Should You Strive To Be Unique?

These days it seems like everyone want to be "unique".
But are they really being successful at this? Are they hiding 
their true interests? I think about this often when I want do something 
with my hair. For a long time now I've wanted to dye my hair purple, even
before it became a huge sensation. But I still have yet to do it, and as I was talking to
my friend the other day I decided, I don't even want purple hair anymore, so many more
 people have it and I don't want to look like them! "I just want to be different!" 
Truth is I would absolutely love to have purple hair. 

Being said I do believe it does take part in hiding a persons true interests.
Sure I can't base it off only my own personal experiences but I have heard 
similar things so many times. "Oh I'm not going to get these shoes, everyone is
wearing them now" "A lot of people are doing this and that and so on, so I will not 
do the same "The questions is, do you like it? Now I understand fashion is sometimes hard
 to keep up with, after all you do, in a way need consider whats coming next.
 
As far as people actually being unique. I don't think they really are.
They see someone wearing something that they've never seen before, 
and figure that they should also wear it, they'll beat  many people to a coming
sensation if it does become that popular.

The point I am trying to make and to answer the main question, 
No you should not strive to be unique. The only way to be unique 
is to be yourself. Wear and do whatever you really want, whether
you're going to be one of few doing it or joining the many people that
 already are. But preferably safe! :)

 photo signaturemintgreen21.png

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Great post! Love your thoughts on being unique, just be yourself! xoxo

    ReplyDelete